Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day 4: I Love the Rain the Most

Old pic, yes, but it's one of my favorites. I'll be filling this 365 photos thing with new photos, or at least I'll try to, but every now and then I'm gonna pop in a good oldie.

Nothing beats a good thunderstorm when you're tired and cozy and ready for some sleepage. Doesn't matter where you are, the rain seems to make everything feel immediate and close. In my mind thunderstorms present you with dual opportunities: You can find a safe place to get warm and nap, feeling secure behind the pitter pattering windows, or you can kick down the door and kick that rain's ass! clothing optional.

80% of my childhood was going ballistic in the rain. Sunny days are great and all, but rain made everything so much better. Who cares about some dirt and mud when you've got a constant stream of angel pee pourin' down nonstop? Ants. That's who. Not sure why that's relevant, moving on. My town had a system of giant storm drains running through it, and good gracious guacamole Michael Jackson could not have designed a better playground for adventurous kids with no sense. And lightning? Hell yeah!

Rain washes all, and man is it good to just stand in it every once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment