Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Day 3: I Need a Hat...And a Bear to Wear it

Things have been happening so fast lately, it'd be nice to sit back once in a while and just doodle away on the guitar. Who am I kidding, I do that all the time. Truth is, even with all the nuttiness swirling around and the insanity of other people's demands I always find more than enough time everyday for the guitar, or the piano or any other thing that makes funny sounds. Music has always been the humming center of my life, from as early as I can remember.

My first instrument was a harmonica my mom put in my easter basket, I must've been around 4-5 years old. I loved that thing. I always carried it in my pocket and would try to "compose" orchestral themes with it, as opposed to blues or familiar tunes. I dunno why, but I've always just liked playing what comes to mind first, on any instrument, rather than learning already written songs. It's become a real problem now that I give lessons though, because I constantly have to practice what I'm teaching the kids beforehand, just to make sure I know the song. I've spent my young life honing the skill of winging it, and now I'm channeling that for all I'm worth.

Well I know this was a disjointed and somewhat pointless post, kinda self indulgent too now that I read it, but oh well what the hell, I wanted to get my post for day 3 in so here ya go. As for the bear though, I see him everyday on my bookshelf and he does have a certain calming quality to him, big jolly bastard.

No comments:

Post a Comment