Saturday, July 24, 2010

Shows, Shows, Shows


So I have a lot of tv to watch and catch up on. So without much preamble I'm just gonna list 'em:

Mad Men
True Blood
Glee
Dexter
Futurama
Star Wars: Clone Wars
Deadwood (need to re-watch)
Burn Notice
Psych
Damages
Breaking Bad

Shows I'm looking forward to:

Pillars of the Earth(!)
A Game of Thrones
Rubicon
Damages (renewed)
Chuck (Season 4)
30 Rock (Season 5 (?))
Parenthood (2)
Modern Family (2)
Community (2)
So, a good amount of tv, and I need to catch up soon! I want to put it out there that Ian McShane (Deadwood) is very likely the best actor I've ever seen, and although I have no acting/theater/critic credentials to speak of, I am amazing and that should suffice. I'm a huge Pirates of the Caribbean fan, yes all three, and McShane is playing Blackbeard in the fourth!! WOOT! If you haven't seen this burly bear of beastliness in action, I suggest you go beat your head against a wall, then go watch Deadwood. Please.

Now, can we talk about what giant showerbags the Mad Men are? It's almost depressing to watch, and I can't help but think, damn were my grandfathers like this?? I highly doubt it, but you'd have to assume that someone that age watching this show now would be ashamed. There don't seem to be many men on the show who are loyal to their wives and families. Unfortunately some of the women aren't much better, but when you see how they're treated it makes you wonder. I'm not trying to bash the show, this behavior is what makes it so much damn fun to watch. Plus, the acting is great, the tension is everywhere and the glib remarks are freaking hilarious. One of my favorite moments has been when Joan comes into Sterling's office and he's furiously whacking a paddle ball back and forth and he says, "nobody knows what I'm doing, it adds to the mystique."

No comments:

Post a Comment